Wednesday, July 20, 2011

All things nice - Tulip Rose Quilt Shoppe

We're going to try and squeeze in a couple more 'All things nice' profiles before our next market. Hopefully this will give you a chance to get to know some of our wonderful Ballarat retailers a little more. Today we focus on Glenda from the Tulip Rose Quilt Shoppe, a lovely handmade business :)


Are you more sugar or spice?
I would have to say definitely more sugar than spice!

What inspired you to start your own business?
I am addicted to purchasing quilting fabric and had accumulated more that I could ever possible use for my craft and quilting, so I decided that I needed to get rid of some of the stash!  I started my business to sell the fabric but customers seem to be  more interested in the display pictures that I used of my items to showcase the fabric, and the more requests I received the more I realised that I could also sell my creations!
  
How did you name your business?
I wanted to start a store that incorporated both “country” and “shabby”  themed fabric and creations, as I had a mixture of both.  I associated tulips with the country theme items, and definitely roses with the shabby items….hence the Tulip-Rose Quilt Shoppe was born.

What is your favourite piece from your own range?
That’s a hard question!...I love the “lil girl” cupcake tote bags because they are so cute and every little girl needs a handbag to carry around her precious “stuff” but I have just finished designing and creating “Hootie” the heat bag…these are so cuddly and warm on a winters night so I think that “Hootie”  has become my favourite item!
  
Where else can we check you out? 
You can find my website at www.tuliprosequiltshoppe.com
You can follow my crafting journey on my blog:
You can visit my facebook page:
Thanks Glenda!

Sherryn & Jackie x

No comments: