Wednesday, July 13, 2011

All things nice - Tillytom


Our July 31 Ballarat market is coming up quick! 
Many stunning retailers from Ballarat and beyond are booked in to showcase their beautiful goods with you - one of whom is Anna from the lovely Tillytom. Anna is shining in our 'all things nice' spotlight today. Thanks Anna!
                  The Tillytom Family

Are you more sugar or spice?
Definitely sugar – I am a serious chocolate lover and eat way too much of it!

What inspired you to start your own business?
After the birth of our second child Matilda I bought myself a sewing machine and originally started out sewing cloth nappies to build up my own stash as I had two in cloth at the time. Then I started making all things ‘pink’ for Miss Matilda, little dresses and pants, and with the encouragement of family and friends, it just snow-balled from there to my first local market and opening up a store on madeit.

How did you name your business?
My business name came about simply by a combination of our oldest two children’s names Tom & Matilda (Tilly). Our newest little family member Nate was a surprise package, and people are always asking me if I am going to change the name of the business. Nope, but maybe a new range in the future might be included with his name in it : )

What is your favourite piece from your own range?
Right now, my favourite item is the new ruffle dress. I have it in a few different colourways and it’s a simple little peasant style dress with flutter sleeves and a great big ruffle down the front. Generous sizing and easily layered in the cooler months or on its own in the warmer months.

             Oh my I think I just found Miss Spice's latest wardrobe addition!

Where else can we check you out? 
Twitter: tillytomdesigns


No comments: