Monday, May 23, 2011

Through the lens...

A picture can tell a thousand words... so I will let these one's do the talking -




We are very lucky at Sugar & Spice to have some amazingly talented photographers involved with our Markets and today I would like you to meet our official Woodend photographer, the very lovely Kim of Kim Selby Photography.

Kim captures all of the gorgeous creations, shoppers and the feel of every Woodend market, through her stunning photography. Her photographic style during her booked sessions is very relaxed, natural and candid. Her aim is to capture the smiles, frowns, laughter, kisses and cuddles - but most importantly your family just being themselves. She shoots exclusively on location and uses natural lights.

Her photography skills have recently been acknowledged, winning 6 silver awards at the Victoria Institute of Professional Photography Awards 2001.  I will let Kim explain in her own words a little bit about herself and her business:
  • I am a Mum of two gorgeous boys. With the amount of running around I do after them, I should have a Kate Moss body.
  • I love cooking (hmmm perhaps that's why I don't have a Kate Moss body!)
  • I adore listening to the sound of the rain on my tin roof at night when I am tucked up in bed, warm next to my husband.
  • I love living in Woodend and the Macedon Ranges - gorgeous countryside, fresh air and lovely community.
  • My passion is photography, and I feel so lucky being able to capture those special little moments that abound in life everyday.
  • I am a proud member of Heartfelt, www.heartfelt.org.au which is a volunteer organisation of child photographers from all over Australia who have come together to form an organisation dedicated to giving the gift of photographic memories to families that have experiences stillbirths, premature and ill infants, terminally ill children and children in the Neonatal Intensive Care Units of their local hospitals.
Thanks Kim, we can't wait to see how you capture our 1st birthday celebrations in Woodend.

1 comment:

1000 Homes of Happiness said...

Gorgeous photographs. What a very clever Mumma.

xoxox