Thursday, May 12, 2011

Step by step


What inspires you?
At the moment inspiring me are easy to follow, free web tutorials. Love an e-tutorial that spells out in step by step detail, how to make some sort of craft goody.

Now, I'm not a crafty expert by a long-shot, but I do love getting creative and having a bit of handmade fun.

Three web tutorials that I have called upon lately and were incredibly handy were...
Good old Martha Stewart's web tutorial on how to make tissue paper pom poms. 

I was lucky enough to be given the job of organising a baby shower recently. I have always admired how tissue paper pom poms add an instant touch of class, so got my googling boots on. Martha Stewart's tutorial comes complete with step by step images, so with my $2 shop tissue paper and florist wire I made these pom pom beauties very easily.

Another favourite web tutorial of mine at the moment is Molly Chicken's love bird. A cute little softie project.

Ok, so I had to get my sewing-guru Mum to help me with it initially, but I have churned out about 6 love birds on my own since. Quite an achievement for someone who can't thread a bobbin. I didn't bother with the pocket on the front though and added a little rattle bell inside instead. They have been a great little pressie for the newborns in my life and I lovingly refer to them as my 'dodgy chicken rattles'
Finally a great wet weather e-tutorial for the munchkins. Perfect for today's dreary weather. A fun make over for the broken bits and pieces of crayon you have laying around at home. The munchkins and I followed these instructions from Little Melbourne and they had a great time in doing so... so much so, that they have started intentionally breaking crayons so we can do it again :)
Have you found any web tutorials that are worth their weight in gold? 


3 comments:

BOB & MABEL said...

The love birds are just gorgeous, you've done a great job. I initially thought the crayons were cupcakes.......I'll be doing the same, love that idea.

1000 Homes of Happiness said...

Gorgeous! Love an online tutorial. I might have to give those yummy looking crayons a go this weekend xoxoxo

1000 Homes of Happiness said...

ahhh, those cute cupcake crayons....love them sis!