Monday, June 7, 2010

Have you made it over to madeit yet?

Love handmade - check

Love shopping online 'cos you can do it in your jarmies - check

Love Etsy- check

Hate paying for Aussie made goodies in American dollars - double check

Then you need to head on over to madeit. Lovers of handmade will rejoice at the abundance of gorgeous Australian made fashion, art, homewares, accessories, stationery, children and babies clothing and toys and much much more. Lots of our lovely retailers have a madeit store ......... Piper+Lily, Here We Go Loopy Lou, MoonMum and MooBee Tees spring to mind (I know there are many more but, forgive me, they are escaping me at the moment).

Shopping on madeit is a breeze and great way to support local designers & crafters, I have been shopping up a storm over there today. I am in desperate need of some fabulous new cushions to go with my fabulous new couch arriving the day after the market (!!) and I really wanted something different to the mass produced (and totally over priced) blandness I have been seeing in the shops recently. I love that I can purchase something unique and lovingly created with just a few clicks!

Sprinkled throughout this post is some goodies I am absolutely loving at the moment, I wish I could figure out where to hang some of these divine tissue paper Pom Poms at the market .........

If you are maker of lovely handmade goodies you should give some careful consideration opening up your own online madeit shop!

5 comments:

Chic Mother and Baby said...

um, your a bad influence! I want to buy that bird necklace and had a browse now cant decide. I am a great supporter of madeit! Have contacted a few sellers there to help me out on gift ideas.

Lou said...

Made It is getting better and better all the time. So many great things on there. Definitely a great place to shop for Australian handmade!

PS- Think I am going to have to come and visit the first sugar and spice market. So many lovely stalls on your list and people I would love to meet! Look forward to seeing you there (fingers crossed no sick kids or anything!)

Vari L said...

I love madeit too! Just opened my shop there. I'm going along to the market on the 20th too. Looking forward to it.

Vari @ Buttercup Ink xx

www.madeit.com.au/buttercupink

Sugar and Spice Childrens Market said...

I just checked out your little Madeit shop Vari .. tooooo cute!!

Please make sure you come and say Hi to me on the day!

Ali xx

Photography said...

I can't believe how much Madeit has grown since I started on there - sooo much Aussie Talent :-) I love shopping on there :-) Feel free to stop by our blog the shop link is there :-) Jut joined your great blog too Kind regards